How do you ensure that staff going on maternity or paternity leave do not get deskilled during their period away from gait analysis?
Here’s an idea to provide a regular knowledge update. The Verne mobile consists of 6 fully articulated Verne‘s allowing the user to set them in any desired pose. They are arranged in a circle to reinforce the importance of cyclic movement patterns. Comes complete with a customised worksheet* of cyclic gait patterns for the user to re-create. Choose three from the following list to suit any laboratory or clinic:
- diplegic CP gait (mild, true equinus, jump knee, apparent equinus and crouch, Rodda et al., 2004),
- hemiplegic CP gait (Groups I, II, III and IV, Winters et al., 1987)
Made in attractive colours to blend in with the decor of any nursery.
Congratulations Julie on the birth of William
* it doesn’t really – this bit’s a joke – but I was fascinated at the wide variety of gait patterns that we now have some form of kinematic data for (the mobile is real though!).
- 3D Analysis of Human Movement Symposium abstract submission deadline extended - 29 janvier 2018
- Torquing the tibia - 16 mars 2017
- All you ever wanted to know about the conventional gait model but were afraid to ask - 17 février 2017